Saturday, October 3, 2026

Net Worth Update September 2026: $4,442,396.01 (-$20,924.49, -0.47%)

It's been a while.

I started this blog years ago to document my journey from zero to a seven-figure net worth — seven years of full-time work, saving over 90 percent of my after-tax income, no windfalls, no shortcuts. The last update I posted was May 2021, when the bottom line read $2,638,819.77.

A lot has happened since. I kept tracking every penny, every month, just as before — the spreadsheets never stopped. The portfolio kept compounding, through the 2022 bear market and back. Today the bottom line reads $4,442,396.01.

So I'm resuming the monthly updates, same format as always: the full balance sheet, the portfolio snapshot, the income and expenses. For accountability, and so you can learn from what I do well — and avoid repeating what I do poorly.

Let's begin. Again.


Welcome to my monthly net worth update! Here is how my assets, liabilities, and net worth have changed over the past month:

Balance on 8/31/2026Balance on 9/30/2026$ Change% Change% of Net Worth
ASSETS
Cash(246,657.38)(270,100.99)(23,443.61)—-6.08%
Bonds550.00550.000.000.00%0.01%
Stocks in taxable accounts3,590,316.883,532,776.05(57,540.83)-1.60%79.52%
Total current assets3,344,209.503,263,225.06(80,984.44)-2.42%73.46%
Tax-deferred accounts691,684.92744,541.8752,856.957.64%16.76%
Roth IRA292,545.77299,223.426,677.652.28%6.74%
Home (Zestimate)90,000.0094,100.004,100.004.56%2.12%
Gold (10.77 oz)48,432.6944,819.57(3,613.12)-7.46%1.01%
Other non-current assets (529, etc.)2,065.462,103.9338.471.86%0.05%
Total assets4,468,938.344,448,013.85(20,924.49)-0.47%100.13%
LIABILITIES & EQUITY
Total liabilities5,617.845,617.840.000.00%0.13%
Equity (net worth)4,463,320.504,442,396.01(20,924.49)-0.47%100.00%

Net worth: Bottom line up front, my net worth decreased by $20,924.49, down 0.47% this month. Taxable stocks fell $57,540.83 (-1.60%) on marked-to-market losses, partly offset by a $52,856.95 (+7.64%) rise in tax-deferred accounts and $6,677.65 (+2.28%) in my Roth IRA. Gold pulled back $3,613.12 (-7.46%) while the home Zestimate added $4,100. The S&P 500 fell 0.45% in September, closing at 7,651.54.

Here is the breakdown of my balance sheet:

Liquid net worth stands at $3,601,650.21, or 81.07% of net worth. My net worth remains 580.59 times the S&P 500 index — the multiple I track to keep myself honest against the market.

September was a flat month in a strong year. Taxable accounts gave back some of August's gains while retirement accounts carried the other way. No leverage, no change in liabilities, savings rate intact. Onward.

See also: Portfolio Update September 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment